Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 56

Thread: Lets all cry for Jeff Allen

  1. #41
    Inactive Member fasmovr's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2007
    Posts
    35
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Lets all cry for Jeff Allen

    I live ten min from VT. Seth Greenburg or FEZ never said he thought it should have been one game and In fact he said he didnt see the incident. Secondly VT could have acted on the incident and perhaps the ACC would have been satisfied but only handed out the suspension because VT wasnt taking any action.
    Tech has a history Beamer especially of talking big about keeping the players in control but mostly it is all talk. Ore has been given so many chances it isnt even funny (as he puts it DAWG) This is why even with the success of their football program many fans here in the Salem and Roanoke area are getting turned off to the school. Academics have went up but the sports profile has dropped.

  2. #42
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Lets all cry for Jeff Allen

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hoard</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PVFAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They allowed them into the league and rescued them from the awful Big East. I'd give anything if the ACC was like it was 4 years ago, expansion has completley ruined basketball. With the way it's setup now they need to expand the basketball season imo and allow each team to play the other twice. </div></div>

    The original post said the ACC gave VT concessions AFTER the 4/16 shootings.</div></div>

    The ACC decided to make a patch for every team in every sport to wear in memory of the shootings. Almost every school in the ACC gave somehow in one way or another to the shooting fund (I know Miami alone gave $10K during their baseball series). AND--first hand knowledge here--most opposing fans when going to games so far this year are expected to be highly respectful to the VT fans to honor the memory of the shootings (so we were told), but that doesn't go in the other direction AT ALL. The fans, the stadium staff, the police--almost everyone in B-burg were horrible to us--some actually DARED us to say stuff about the shooting "so I can have an excuse to fight you and get off scott-free when the cops come". There were some that said "Welcome to Blacksburg" as usual and went out of their way to do so--I respect those. But that was maybe 10% of everyone.

    Everyone was expected to become some spiritual VT fan after all of that and it was all forced upon us in the media and on the net. THOSE concessions above.

    I didn't see anyone giving Miami that type of treatment when Brian Pata was murdered, nor do I see anyone giving Wake Forest that type of treatment since Skip Prosser passed suddenly. It's all about "the shootings", "the tragedy", "We are Virginia Tech!"....I'm sick of it, and I'm calling the hand of many for still pressing the issue and expecting special treatment because "we're still healing". Give me a friggin break. It may not be out in the forefront being said by VT--but that's what is heavily implied here.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  3. #43
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Lets all cry for Jeff Allen

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mega</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats actually not true. Everyone respects Shoe on here when he talks about VT. He just doesnt act like an assclown.</div></div>

    BINGO.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  4. #44
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Lets all cry for Jeff Allen

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PVFAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How many threads have you seen me start about Maryland? Mega about Arizona? Biggin about Alabama? CoeburnCane about Duke? Burton2019 about UNC? It's got to be a pretty big deal before we do, and I'd like to think we act like we've got some sense.It's not an everyday thing that just getson everybody's nerves. Can you imagine the the number of VT posts if they had went to UNC and knoked off the undefeated Heels on the road? </div></div>

    If Maryland beats Duke, I fully expect ribbing from PVFAN. If Duke gets beat by UNC--I fully expect the UNC fans to rib me. However...THE ONLY TIME I really ever brag heavily on any team I like is when they win a title of some type. Not almost win, not finish in the top 3, not make a tourney/bowl appearance...but when they win titles.

    My boss and I were talking about this yesterday--he's a UK fan. He said to me, "Guess it's gonna be hard on someone after Thursday night's game huh?"...I said, "Well, if Duke loses to VT I'm sure I'll hear about it, but if Duke wins, it's just another ACC win. I'll be proud, but I won't brag, no need to."...he said, "So, when do you rub it in on someone else?"...I said, "When my teams win titles, I can brag that they accomplished something no one else did."

    Kinda shocked him, but he agreed with me on that. That's the only true thing worth coming on here and throwing a party about.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  5. #45
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Lets all cry for Jeff Allen

    Maryland beating Duke's not that big of a deal anymore, I expect it now.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  6. #46
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Lets all cry for Jeff Allen

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PVFAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maryland beating Duke's not that big of a deal anymore, I expect it now.</div></div>

    Come off it my friend...any time a big name program beats another, someone's gonna have a brief moment of pride over beating a big name program. Not as much as, say, a VT who rides a win over a big name for forever b/c they have no national titles, but there's still pride.

    I have pride when Duke beats UNC or Maryland, or when Miami beats an FSU or UF...and I'm sure there are fans that see that vice versa as well. The difference is, the major debating point is national titles between all those schools in their respective sports of success. Not that Duke won this game or Maryland won this one...though we do discuss those--see the Gone in 60 Seconds game you created a thread about on the Old Timers board, or the posts that we had back & forth over the weekend about the Duke/Maryland game this weekend. That's an example of what I'm talking about.

    To further the example--it's much more satisfying for me personally to see Miami beat FSU than to beat VT, mainly because FSU is an elite program and VT simply doesn't have the history or titles that FSU does, regardless of current states of each program.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  7. #47
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Lets all cry for Jeff Allen

    Why in the world did you have to bring up the Gone in 60 seconds game? Thats just low. haha I really think I'm starting to go dillusional about Maryland right now, I actually think they match up well with Duke and should win the game at home. Obviously the record doesn't show it, but after the UNC win and what UNC did to Miami last night I just have to scratch my head. I'd just like to see Maryland at 4-4 or 5-3 after the first cycle. They are going to have to win 10 games in the ACC to make the tournament, including the ACC Tournament imo.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  8. #48
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Lets all cry for Jeff Allen

    The Heels are not a good team right now. Not top #5 material, IMO.
    What time is the Maryland/Duke game, and on what channel PVFAN? Thanks.

  9. #49
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Lets all cry for Jeff Allen

    6:30 Sunday, Fox Sports Net/Comcast. I think there is a game at 4:30 (I know there is) but I cant remember who plays, it's another ACC game. Tyler Hansbrough had a field day last night didn't he?
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  10. #50
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Lets all cry for Jeff Allen

    Yeah he did man. I was more impressed with Lawsons 10 assists though.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •